( Continuation from the previous post )
153/ 36. THIRUVAADUTHURAI.
153/ 36. THIRUVAADUTHURAI.
This is the 153rd Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 36th Sthalam on the south side of river Cauvery. This temple has got the Moovar Devara pathigam.
Iraivan: Sri Maasilamanieeswarar, Sri Komuktheeswarar
Iraivi: Sri Oppilamulammai, Sri Athulyakujambigai.
1. Iraivi worshiped Iraivan in the form of Cow.
2. Nandhi is very big.
3. Shiva performed mahathandavam and the same is called as Sundara nadanam.
4. East facing temple.
5. There is no Navagrahas.
6. Separate temple for Theyagesar and moortham for Thyagesar, Sempon thyagesar, Puthrathyagesar, Sornathyagesar.
7. After conducting pooja to Thiru maligai thevar pooja to be done for Namasivayamoorthy.
8. Kings Thirumaligai thevar and Narasingan was chased away by the Nandhis and hence there is no nandhi sudhai sirpangal on the walls.
9. History importance.
10. Thiruganasambandar received gold from Iraivan to perform velvi of his father.
11. Sundarar got cured from a decease.
12. This is the Nandhi Stalam of Thiruvidaimaruthoor’s parivara sthalangal.
13. Iraivan sat under Devarkal’s “Padar arasu “
14. Thirumoolar had done dhabas in this place and written Thirumanthiram.
15. Boga sidhar’s disciple Maaligaithevar had done many siddhus.
16.Seraman Peruman Nayanar, Vikramapandiyan worshiped the Lord of this temple.
17. Child was born to Musukuntha King after praying Iraivan of this temple.
18. Tharumadevathai has became a vahanam to Iraivan.
19. Samadhi of Thirumoolar, Thirumaligai thevar in this village.
How to reach:
1. This is on the bus route Kumbakonam to Mayiladuthurai.
( Big size Nandhi in front of Kodimaram)
( Thirumoolar Sannadhi )
( Back side view of Moolavar vimanam)
( Back side of east Rajagopuram)
( Front view of Rajagopuram )
( View of Temple from Rajagopuram )
( Sannadhi on the right side of Rajagopuram )
( Sudhai velaippadukal on the back side of rajagopuram )
152/35. THIRUKOZHAMBAM. (Now this place is called as Thirukkozhambiam )
This is the 152nd Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 35th Stalam on the south side of river Cauvery. This temple has got the Thiruganasambandar and Appar’s Devara Pathigam.
Iraivan: Sri Gokileswarar, Sri Golambanathar.
Iraivi: Sri Soundaranayagi.
1. Thirukulambiyam changed to Thirukozhambiyam.
2. Scar Impression of cow's ( Sri Parvathy in the form of Cow) leg is found on the Aavudayar ( Archakar’s son showed me the same).
3. Sannadhi for Vinayagar, Appar, Murugan, Gajalakshmi, Bairavar.
4. In Koshtam Natarajar, Sattainathar, Pitchadanar, Dakshinamoorthy, Durgai, Lingothbhavar, Brahma, Vinayagar.
How to reach:
- On the bus route Kumbakonam to Karaikal, get down at
S. Pudurand the temple is 1 Km.
- Can go from Thiruvidaimaruthur also. ( Thiruvalangadu) The distance is 5 Km.
( Moolavar Vimanam with Dhakshinamoorthy sannadhi )
( Moolavar sannadhi entrance painting )
( Corridor view with sthala viruksham)
( Rajagopran at the second level )
( Temple complex )
( Gurukkal's son on TVS 50 who took me to the dharshan )
154/37. THIRUTHURUTHI. (Now this place is called as Kutthalam )
This is the 154th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 37th Sthalam on the south side of river Cauvery. This temple has got the Moovar Devara Pathigangal.
Iraivan: Sri Ukthavedeeswarar, Sri Sonnavaaru Arivar.
Iraivi: Sri Amirthamukizhambigai, Sri Arumbannavanamulayal,
- The temple was in a place where both side river was flowing, now the river is flowing on one side.
- Sundarar got cured from a decease after eating sthalamara leaves.
- Iraivan’s Paadhakoradu is available under the sthala viruksham.
- Iraivan facing West and separate temple for Iraivi.
- Marriage was performed for Iraivan and Iraivi, Sidhai sirpam on tback side of karuvarai..
- Umai, Varunan, Kali, Kasiban, Angirasan, Gowthaman, Vasistar, Markandeyar, Pulathiyar, Agathiyar worshiped the Iraivan in this temple.
- Sthala viruksham is Ukthalamaram and there is no such tree available in the world. Under this Lord Shiva’s Paadha Koradu. The tree has lot of medicinal properties.
- Betrothal ( Nitchayathartham ) was performed for lord Shiva and Ambal in this sthalam.
How to reach:
- Buses from Kumbakonam, Mayiladuthurai, Tanjore.,
- On the bus route Kumbakonam to Mayiladuthurai.
( Moolavar Vimanam )
( Back side of moolavar vimanam sudhai sirpangal of Siva Na Parvathy Kalyanam )
( Another view of Moolavar Vimanam big size sudhai sirpangal )
( Ambal templa entrance with Sthalaviruksham)
( Shiva and Ambal sannadhi entrance with sthala iruksham)
This is the 155th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 38th sthalam on the north side of river Cauvery. This temple has the Thiruganasambandar devara Pathigam.
Iraivan: Sri Vedhapureeswarar, Sri Athyabakesar.
Iraivi: Sri Soundaranayagi
- This is the birth place of Kambar.
- Agasthiyar made the king's Chariot to ground, when the king disturbs Agasthiyar’s pooja.
- Vedhangal, Devars, Thisaibalagargal worshiped this temple lord Shiva.
- Sannadhi for Subramaniyar, Navagrahas, Shethra lingam, Kadambavaneswarar, Valamchuzhi Vinayagar, Cauvery, Agathiyar.,
- Thisaibalagar’s paintings and Sudhai dwarabalagar.
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Thenmugakadavul Dhakshinamoorthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma, Sathur puja Durgai.
- 3rd Kulothungan Period tamil inscriptions.
- West facing temple.
- In Navagrahas except suryan others are facing suryan and suryan is facing west
- Karuvarai Agazhi apaippu.
- Dhakshinamoorthy is metha dhakshinamoorthy.
How to reach.
- Next to Moovalur on Mayiladudurai to Kumbakonam – Check post 5 kM from main road.
- Town bus available from Mayiladuthurai and Kumbakonam. ( Route No 33)
- Can come from Kuthalam by auto or Taxi also.
( Moolavar vimanam )
( Agasthiyar and sanagatha munivars in Dhakshinamoorthy sannadhi)
( Temple view with Kodimaram )
( Ambal sannadhi vimanam )
(5 tier Rajagopuram )