15, October 2012
On 14th October I had a chance to go to Koyambedu to c off my wife to her native place. Utilizing this opportunity had been to Gnayiru Shiva temple at Gnayiru Gramam. This is one of the Navagraha temples in and around Chennai. After Redhills the bus passes through Karanodai, Chozhavaram and small villages. I was little happy to see the paddy fields near Chennai. It was lush green. Recently I had been to Mayiladuthurai and Kumbakonam, but I could not see this type of green fields. At the same time it is sad to see the fields are being converted in to real estates. The details of the temple are as follows.
Iraivan: Sri Pusbaratheswarar
Iraivi: Sri Sornambigai
Sthalaviruksham : Lotus
The important features of this temple are as follows.
- The temple is small but maintained beautifully with flowering plants inside the temple premises.
- The temple is facing east and the 5 tier Rajagopuram is on the south side.
- Moolavar is short and suyambu.
roopam for Thiruganasambandar in the
- Ambal is in a separate temple facing east.
- Interconnecting mandapam between Ambal and moolavar sannadhi was added at a latter stage.
- Suryan Sannadhi is in Moolavar artha mandapam. Special poojas are conducted on Sundays..
- It is a birth place of Sangili Nachiyar.
- Separate sannadi for, Sri Kamala Vinayagar, Sri Valli Devasena samedha Subramaniyar, Sri Sandekeswarar, Sri Sangili Nachiyar.
- In koshtam Sri Vinayar, Sri Dhakshinamoorthy, Sri Lingothbavar, Sri Brahma and Sri Durgai.
- Lotus pond near east side entrance.
- Naagars at the east side entrance below Nagalinga tree.
- There is special tree near Sangili Nachaiyar sannadhi called “Thiruvodu maram” ( the one is used for getting piksha from the public by the adiyars ).
- Town buses are available from Redhills, which runs via Karanodai. The route nos are T57, 58A, 58G.
- Address : Sri Pushparateswarar Temple , Via Cholavaram, Chennai 067.
- Land line and mobile numbers are : 044 29021016 and 9962034729.
- For more details :CLICK HERE
- The temple is kept open between 07.00 Hrs to 12.00 Hrs and 16.00 Hrs to 20.00 Hrs and Sundays evening the temple will open at 15.00 Hrs.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE
( Sthala viruksham Lotus with Shiva Lingam )
( Temple complex view with Kodimaram and Nandhi )
( Special tree - Thiruvodu maram ( May be Goraptia family ))
( Moolavar Vimanam )
( 5 tier Rajagopuram on Southern side )
( Ambal temple vimanam)
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---