31, October 2012
This is one of the Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai Nadu, Mylapore, Chennai. This temple is also one of the Saptha Sthana Shiva Sthalangal in Mylapore, Chennai, Like Thiruvaiyaru. On 28th October 2012, I had been to all these temples as laid down in the Saptha Sthana dharshan method ( As per the order given below ). The other six temples are 1. Kaaraneecharam ( Middle of Bazar Street), 2. Theerthapaaleeswarar temple ( Middle of Dr Natesan Road ), 3. Velleecharam ( South Mada street - Near Kapaleeswarar Temple ), 4. Virupaksheewarar Temple ( Bazar Road near Kaaraneeswarar temple), 5. Vaaleeswarar Temple ( In the opposite street of Karaneeswarar temple.) 6. Malleeswarar Temple ( Back side of Kaaraneeswarar temple - Next lane ). The details of the Saptha Sthana Temples are posted separately.
Iraivan : Sri Kapaleeswarar
Iraivi: Sri Karkambal.
Some of the important details of this temple as are.....
- The temple is facing with a neerazhi mandapam in the front.
- The 7 Tier Rajagopuram is on the east side with Pillayar sannadhi on the east.
- In the outer prakaram Sannadhi for Arunagirinathar, Thiruganasambandar & Angamboombavai, Punnaivananathar, Sundareswarar, Navagrahas, Shiva Linga Moortham, Narthana Vinayagar, Annamalaiyar, Singaravelar, Pazhani Anadavar, Vaayilar Nayanar.
- There is a big mandapam and a 4 Pillar mandapam on the south side to conduct functions .
- In the Inner parakaram Silaroopangal for Singaravelavar, Natarajar, Sivakami, Karkambal, Somaskandar Urchava moorthangal, 63var in two rows, Saraswathi, Durgai, Lakshmi, Lingangal, Veerabathrar, Naalvar, Karkambal, Santhanakuravarkal ( I could not see these in southern side temples), (Umapathi sivam, Maraigana sivam, Arunantha sivam, Meikanda sivam). Pollapilayar, 63var moortham in stone,
- In Koshtam Durgai, Brahama, Lingothbavar, Dhakshinamoorthy, Sevaganapathy.
- There is a story behind Thiruganasambandar and Angamboombavai. Angamboombavai came alive from the ashes and Thiruganasambandar refused to marry her. The reason Thiruganasambandar gave was, she has be become his daughter, when she became alive through him.
HOW TO REACH :
- There is a Rly station Thirumayilai on the Velachery to Beach MRTS train route. Very near to Rly station.
- There are town buses available from various parts of the city.
- Land line number is 044 2464 1670.
- Web site is www.mylaikapaleewarar.tnhrce.in and
- e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- The temple is kept open between 06.30 Hrs to 11.00 Hrs and 16.30 Hrs to 20.30 Hrs
( 7 tier Rajagopuram on the east side, but Moolavar is facing west )
( Murugan Sannadhi Vimanam with East Rajagopuram view )
( West side mini rajagopuram with Kodimaram )
(North side view of the temple complex with sthala viruksham and east side Rajagopuram )
( Sri Subramaniyar Temple - facing west - Foreigners also visiting this temple )
( West side Rajagopram is of 3 tier with MURUGA display instead of SHIVA SHIVA )
( Neerazhi Mandapam at the centre in front of West side entrance )
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---