30, July 2013
Siruthavur was in news for the past few days about theft of Urchava moorthams. The same was recovered from the thieves ( thrown in Thiruporur Temple Tank and in a well). One Mr Vijayan a retired School Teacher and his wife asked me to visit one day. ( They accompanied with me for the Badhrinath and Khedharnath temples - Chardham Tour ). After hearing the news of recovered back the idols thought of making the visit to Siruthavur. On the way to Siruthavur had the dharhsn of Lord Shiva on the top of the hill and Murugan temple at base at Thiruporur.
THIRUPORUR SHIVA TEMPLE
First I went to the Shiva temple. Since I went by my Bullet motor cycle thought of climbing up to top, assuming there must be a good road up to temple ( Top of small hill - In Thiruporur it is unusual that Shiva Temple is on the top of the hill and Murugan temple is at the base which is a non conventional ). Actually there is a concrete road up to the colony and after that there was no road, only a footpath. So returned back to the base and climbed through steps. The temple was open and archakar was preparing for the morning pooja.
Iraivan: Sri Kailasanathar
Iraivi : Sri Balambigai
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- This hill was called as Prananava malai once.
- Moolavar and Ambal are facing east and Ambal is on the left side of moolavar.
- Entrance to the temple is from south.
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Dhakshinamoorthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma and Durgai.
- In parakaram Srimath Chidambaram swamigal Photo, Kasi Viswanathar, Bairavar, Suryan, Veerabathrar.
- Vinayagar Navagrahas and Vallalar are at the end of the steps.
- It was believed that there was an underground passage from this temple to Murugan temple, which was used by Srimath Chidambaram Swamigal for Sri Murugan’s dharshan.
Steps entrance arch
Vallalar, Navagrahas ( Round building ) and Vinayagar Sannadhi
Main shrine entrance on south side
THIRUPORUR MURUGAN TEMPLE
The temple is under renovation. Moolavar and Valli Devasena are suyambu. This temple was reconstructed by Srimath Chidambaram swamigal.
Some of the Important features of this temple are.....
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Koshta Kukkudapjar ( Having flag of cock in his hand. Kukkudam means cock. – Sevarkodiyon – There are 300 names for Lord Subramaniyar and one of the name is Kukkudabjar. ), Dhandayuthapani, Vishnu, Durgai.
- In the inner prakaram Urchava moorthangal ( important are, Bramha sastha, Deventhiran, Nandhi Bagavan, Soolangal, Shiva sakthi, Murugan keeping his leg on peacock, Sakara Sthabanam and Aarumuga swamy )
- There is an Ambal sannadhi facing south. In koshtam Vaishnavi, Maheswari, Saraswathi and another must be Lakshmi.
- Dwarabalakars are Suthekar and Sumukar
- In the outer prakaram Urchava mandapam ( now it is used as Vahana mandapam ), Pillars with sirpangal are looks beautiful ), Vinayagar, Sani Bhagavan, Naagars, Fighting solders ( Kedayam on one hand and sword on the other, what for it is installed here ?. Readers are requested to explain ), Vanni Maram. And thanga ratha mandapam.
- There is also moortham of Sri Valli devasena Subramaiyar on the right side of entrance.
- At the entrance Dwajasthambam with Palipedam and Peacock mandapam.
Frequent buses are available from T Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur etc.
CONTACT DETAILS :
Urchava moortham is kept for dharshan. ( Normally devotees will not be allowed to worship moolavar during renovation , But Poojas are conducted to moolavar also
Sri Valli Devasena Samedha Sri Subramaniyar moortham on the right side entrance
Murugan's Vahanam Peacock under the mandapam.
The peacock dance - peacock kept in a cage of the temple - beautiful indeed.
Dwajasthambam and Rajagopuram under renovation
Temple Tank with neerazhi mandapam - even during summer water is available more than 50%,. During Rainy season and after rainy season we can see the water will be flowing in the temple prakaram also.
From Thiruporur went to Siruthavur. The Shiva temple is under construction. Originally there was an entrance from south side. But during renovation an additional entrance was created on the east side. The moolavar and Ambal are kept out side under the temporary shed. The moolavar is white in colour. Nandhi’s head is facing side ( almost 90 degrees which is unusual ) There was a mandapam in dialapated condition.
Iraivan : Sri Boothagireeswarar
Iraivi : Sri Aaravalli
HOW TO REACH :
From Thiruporur take Chengalpattu road. After 1 KM there is a diversion on the left to Thirukazhukkundram, from there Siruthavur is 5 KM.
Nandhi is looking at us
Ganapathy, Moolavar and Ambal are kept in a temporary shed
Temple complex view
Old Tamil inscription - must be at-least 600 to 700 years old
Bajanai Koil where the urchavars were kept before theft.
After visiting the Bajanai koil where the idols were kept, Phoned to Mr Vijayan. He said that he is at Nellikuppam Amman temple and invited me to come there. Since I had brought the CDs of Badhrinath and Khedharnath temple photographs, went to Nellikuppam to hand over the CDs. This Amman Vendavarasi is kula Thivam for Naidu’s community. There was a lot of crowd and Urchavar abhishekam was in progress when I went there. Most of the peoples came from Chennai with cars and vans who migrated for business and jobs
NELLIKUPPAM SRI VENDAVARASI AMMAN TEMPLE
Amman under milk abhishekam
Amman under a tree
KAATTUR SHIVA TEMPLE
After dharshan took the road to Thiruporur via Kattur. There is a Shiva Temple, about a year back came for the Prathosam.
Iraivan: Sri Uthra Vaithiyalingeeswarar
Iraivi: Sri Thayal nayagi
- In koshtam Ganapathy, Dhakshinamoorthy, Vishnu in place of Lingothbavar, Brahma and Durgai.
- In outer prakaram Vinayagar, Murugan ( No Valli Deivanai ), Gajalakshmi, Navagrahas and Kaalabairavar.
Moolavar vimanam with snadikeswarar sannadhi
Temple view from front
The day's dharshan started with a Shiva Temple and ends with another Shiva Temple.
---OM SIVAYA NAMA:---