24, February 2015
On 21st Saturday I had visited the less known Shiva Temple at Mambakkam. Originally my plan was to have the dharshan of Sri Anjaneyar at Pudhupakkam. Since Mambakkam is at the junction of Kelambakkam to Vandalur road. The Shiva Temple is at the beginning of the Village and Gurukkal is living nearby in a typical Agraharam house. The temple is on the road curve and pose danger of demolition when the road is expanded. The details of the temple are as follows.
MAMBAKKAM SHIVA TEMPLE
Iraivan : Sri Muruganatheswarar
Iraivi : Sri Deivanayaki.
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- Thirukkulam is in front and the temple is facing east.
- There is no rajagopuram and Dwajasthambam.
- Sannadhi for Sri Vinayagar, Sri Valli Devasena Samedha Sri Subramaniyar, Navagrahas, Anjaneyar, Sandikeswarar.
- Ambal is in standing posture with abaya and varadha hastham.
- In Koshtam Dhakshinamoorthy ( in Vinayagar’s place) and Durgai.
- 12th to 14th century epigraph is at the base of moolavar wall.
HOW TO REACH :
- Mambakkam is on the way to Kelambakkam to Vandalur main road.
- The temple is on the mambakkam to Medavakkam road. At the beginning of the Village from Medavakkam.
CONTACT DETAILS :
- Gurukkal Shivakumar may be contacted on his mobile number 9444924525.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE:CLICK HERE
Nandhi mandapam with Palipeedam
Moolavar Vimanam with Ambal Sannadhi entrance
Ambal Gopuram on the left and Sri Subramaniyar Sannadhi
Damaged portion of Sri Subramaniyar Sannadhi
A sudhai relief on the Vinayagar sannadhi wall
From Mambakkam, turned to left and I proceeded to Pudhupakkam, about 4 KM before Kelambakkam. Sri Anjaneyar is on a Hill, left side of main road.
PUDHUPAKKAM SRI VEERA ANJENAYER TEMPLE
Some of the important features of this temple are....
- Sarvasakthi Vinayagar Sannadhi is at the base of the hill.
- Sudhai Periya thiruvadi and Chinna Thiuvadi are at the beginning of steps.
- The temple is on a small hill with about 100 steps neatly paved. Road facility is also there to climb up to the top of the hill with vehicle.
- Moolavar is of relief looking north.
- The sanctum was originally built with stone and latter new structures were added.
- Sannadhi of Sri Ramar, Seetha lakshmanars is at the front of Sri Anjaneyar.
- Pudhupakkam is about 4 KM from Kelambakkam on Kelambakkam to Vandalur Road
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE
Sarvasakthi Vinayagar Sannadhi
Periya Thiruvadi and Chinna thiruvadi
Steps leading to Hill shrine
The Temple view
The Temple view
Paintings on Sanctum wall
Paintings on Sanctum wall
After dharshan while I cross the main road, happened to notice the sign board of Sri Pasupatheswarar, Prithiyankara Devi temple at Velichai village. The village is about 2 KM on the south side of Kelambakkam to Vandalur main road. The 2 KM stretch is a typical village dusty road with sine wave formation ( bumby).
SRI PASUPATHEWARAR TEMPLE AT VELICHAI.
Iraivan : Sri Pasupatheswarar
Iraivi : Sri Simmapriyal
Some of the important fetures of this temple are...
- The temple is being managed by the present Sri SadaShiva Brammendrar, who was born as Sri Thathreyar, Viswakarma in the previous births. Sri Bramendar was a close associate to Kumbakonam Thiruvisanallur Ayyaval. Sri Sadguru was born in the place called Bhagavathapuram. He is also praised as Gnancheri Gnanigal.
- The Shiva temple has a 5 tier Rajagopuram, Palipedam and nandhi.
- Ambal name is Sri Simapriyal facing south.
- In side the complex sannadhis for Sri Viswaroopa Anjaneyar, Sri Seetha Lakshmana Ramachandra Moorthy, Vinayagar, Sri Subramaniyar, Priyathangara Devi and moorthangal of Shiva with three head, Vallalar, Adhi moorthikal, Suryan and Chandran.
- In front of Temple Sri Bramendar’s jeeva Samadhi mud with Shiva Lingam and Vilva tree.
- Present Sri Sadguru was at the temple artha mandapam in mounam when I visited the temple.
- Velichai is 2 KM off from Kelambakkam to Vandalur Main road.
- The road on the opposite to Sri Veera Anjaneyar Temple of Pudhupakkam leads to Velichai Village.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
5 tier Raja Giopuram
Natarajar Saba vimanam with Moolavar vimanam
Sri Sadashiva Brammendar Jevasamadhi mud (மண்), Vilva Tree and Shiva Lingam
History of the temple
After Dharshan of Sri Paupatheswarar returned back to main road and took the Kelambakkam to vandalur main road. Reached home via Mambakkam, Ponmar, Medavakkam, Pallikaranai and Velachery.
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA:---