10th January 2016.
While sorting out the Pancha Bootha sthalangal ( for the index of my web blog ) of Thondai Nadu ie in and around Chennai found that the two Temples , Sri Arunachaleswarar and Sri Kalahastheeswarar are missing. Sri Kalahastheeswarar temple is missing from the Google map but managed find out that the temple is at Pavalakara Street. Forgotten the scheduled agendas on 10th January 2016, Sunday morning, visited both the temples ( Missed the mylapore festival by Mr Venkatesh - A pond, A tank Via canal , Mylapore’s lesser known tales.) All the Pancha Bootha sthalangal are on the north part of Chennai.
Both the temples are under palalayam and renovation is on full swing. Kumbhabhishekam is scheduled on 20th January 2016 for Sri Arunachaleswarar.
SRI KALAHASTHEESWARAR TEMPLE
Since the temple is under renovation I could not take good photos. The place was in amesh due to construction activities. This temple is squeezed between concrete buildings.
Iraivan : Sri Kalahastheeswarar
Iraivi : Sri Prasunannambigai.
Some of the important details are as follows.
- The temple is facing east with an entrance arch.
- Dwajasthambam, Palipedam and Nandhi in a mandapam are in front of the sannadhi.
- Sudhai dwarabalakars in front of sannadhi and navagrhas are on the left side of inner mandapam. Sannadhi for Vinayagar and Subramaniyar behind sanctum.
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Dhakshinamurthy, Vishnu ( in place of Lingothbavar), Brahma and Durgai.
- Sub sannadhis and mandapam are under construction.
- Happened to see an inscription dated 21-1-1926 by Naga Siva Chidambaram Chettiyar son of Subraya Chettiyar about the donation given for conducting the functions from the income of a house and go down after deducting the tax to be paid to Govt. and maintenance charges.
CONTACT DETAILS :
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple is on 155/ 50 – Pavalakara Street ( Coral merchant Street) , Chennai -1 Mannady area. North end of the street.
- On town bus routes Ibrahim Sahib Road Get down at Thambu Chetty Street and Pavalakara street is very near. ( 6D, 8B, 11 a, 38 A,G ,H,S, 44, 56B, 57D etc. )
SRI ARUNACHALESWARAR TEMPLE
This temple is on the Palliappan street in mint area. This temple is also under renovation and Kumbhabhishekam is scheduled on 20th January 2016.
Iraivan : Sri Arunachaleswarar
Iraivi : Sri Abithakusambigai
Some of Important details of this temple are .
The temple is facing east with a 5 tier Rajagopuram.
- Anuputhi mandapam is after entering the rajagopuram and the main sanctum os on the left.
- Palipedam, Dwajasthambam and nandhi amndapam are at the entrance.
- In the outer prakaram, Sannadhi for Vishnu, Vinayagar, Sri Valli devasena Subramaniyar.
- A mandapam is at front and reliefs on the stone pillars are worth to see.
- In the inner prakaram sannadhi for Navagrahas, Chandran, Suryan, Naalvar, Shiva and Ambal , Samba mandapam, Palli Yarai, Sandikeswarar, Vinayagar and Subramaniyar. Ambal is in a separate sannadhi.
- In Koshtam Vinayagar, Dhakshinamurthy, Vishnu ( in place of Lingothbavar ), Brahma and Durgai.
CONTACT DETYAILS :
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple is on 24- Palliappan Street, Chennai 79 Park Town area, near Mint street.
---OM SHIVAYA NAMA : ---