10th March, 2016.
Had the darsan of Sri Someswarar also during this MAHAMAHAM 2016. The compound wall separates Sri Sarangapani Temple and Sri Someswarar temple.
SRI SOMESWAR TEMPLE
This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and constructed adjacent to Sri Sarangapani Temple. This is the 28th Thiruganasambandar’s Devara paadal petra Shiva sthalam on the south side of river Cauvery.
Iraivan : Sri Someswarar
Iraivi : Sri Somasundari, Sri Thenmozhi
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- The temple is facing west with a kattai Rajagopuram at the entrance and a second level small Rajagopuram.
- Dwajasthambam, Palipedam and Nandhi are in between the katti Gopuram and second level small Rajagopuram.
- There is a small Siva sannadhi called Sri Mallikeswrar temple. It was believed that Vishnu worshiped lord Shiva of this temple.
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Dhakshinamurthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma and Durgai.
- Moolavar is swayambu and worshiped by Soman- moon.
TEMPLE TIMINGS :
- The temple is kept open between 06.30 Hrs to 12.30 Hrs and 16.00 hrs to 20.30 Hrs
- The land line number 0435-2430349 may be contacted for further details.
Palipedam, Dwajasthambam and Nandhi Mandapam
2nd level 3 tier Rajagopuram
The tallest Tower is the Rajagopuram of Sri Saarangapani Temple
..............To be continued.
---OM SHIVAYA NAMAHA---