07th April 2016.
The legs are paining after my trek to Chennimalai on 3rd April 2016. Taken rest at my native home ( A tiny Village called Pappavalasu on the way to Perundurai to Kunnathur ). On 4th April morning after getting blessing from my mother continued my temples darshan to Sri Bannari Mariamman and Sri Othimalai Andavar.
Reached Bannari Mariamman Temple around 09.30 Hrs via Kunnathur – Gobichettipalayam- Sathyamangalam. Since it was Monday, there was not much crowd and had a peaceful dharshan of Sri Bannari Mariamman. The temple looked very colourful after painting.
SRI BANNARI AMMAN TEMPLE – BANNARI.
Sri Bannari Amman temple is on the foot hills of western ghats and on the bus route Sathyamangalam to Mysore. It was a part of Kongu Nadu
Iraivi : Sri Bannari Mariamman.
Some of the important features of this temple are….
- 300 years back Dana Nayakkan or Dhanda Nayakkan forest is now called as Bannari.
- Sri Bannari Mariamman was found as swayambu on the banks of Thoranapallam forest river under a vengai tree.
- A Cow karam pasu ( காராம் பசு ) used to milch from its utter automatically on a particular place under a Vengai tree. On searching inside the bush the villagers found a Swayambu Linga. Amman came through a elderly person and said she is the Bannarimari. From then on-wards people started worshiping Bannari MariAmman.
- The anthill earth is given to devotees as vibuthi or prasadham.
- Entrance arch is on the east and Amman is facing south with kapalam, damaru, Knife and Pasam in hands ( கபாலம், உடுக்கை, கத்தி & பாசக்கயிறு).
- In the arthamandapam sannadhi for Bommaraya swami. And Ganapathy is in mahamandapam facing east.
- In the south side prakaram sannadhi for Madheswararmurthy.
- Sannadhis for Sarugu mariamman and Muniyappaswamy are near theppa kinaru ( well ).
- Panguni Uthiram festival is being celebrated in a grand manner.
- Kundam ie walking on fire is also celebrated in a grand manner in which devotees from nearby states used to participate.
- People offer salt and pepper to Sri Bannari Mariamman after their wishes are fulfilled.
- The temple is kept open between 05.30 Hrs to 21.00 Hrs
- The temple office phone number is : 04295 – 243289
- e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bannari is about 12 KM from Sathyamangalam on the Mysore route
- Buses are available from Sathyamangalam, Gobichettipalayam and Mettupalayam.
Main entrance arch on the east side
Devotees offering salt and pepper
Thirisool and the entrance
Here too devotees put a lock on the swing chain to get blessings of Sri Bannari Mari Amman
View of the temple from main road
For more Photos from my Picassa web album :CLICK HERE
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMAHA:---
…..To be Continued with Othi Malai Trek