Continuation to the previous post……
SRI VILAKOLI PERUMAL. THIRUTHANKAA STHALAM, THOOPUL, VISHNU KANCHI. KANCHIPURAM
07th August 2016.
Moolavar : Sri Vilakoli Perumal, Deepa Prakasar
Thayar : Sri Maragathavalli
Some of the important features of this temple are …
- The sthalapurana is associated with Brahma’s ashwametha yagam. Saraswathi try to hide the light and send darkness through asuras. Perumal came in the form of Light, hence Perumal is called as Vilakoli Perumal or Deepa Prakasar.
- Thayar is in a separate temple under Sikara Vimanam.
- This Thoopul is otherwise called as tharbai was cultivated here used for Homam and Yagam. Thoopul means pure grass.
- In sanctum moolavar is with Sridevi and Boothevi are in standing posture.
- This is the birth place of Sri Vedantha Desikar one of the ardent devotee of Perumal, whose sannadhi is at the side of the Vilakoli Perumal temple. Also this is the birth place of Appaya theekshithar one of Shiva devotee.
- The sanctum was constructed during Chozha period and front mandapam was constructed by Vijayanagara kings at a latter date.
- Sannadhi for Alwars, Thayar Sri Maragathavalli and Andal.
- The 5 tier Rajagopuram is at front and palipedam, Dwajasthambam are after the Rajagopuram.
- The temple kept open for dharshan from 07.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs to 21.00 hrs.
CONTACT DETAILS :
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple is in Vishnu Kanchi and about 3/4th KM from Ashtabuyagaram temple.
- Autos are available from Main bus stand.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE: CLICK HERE
……. To be continued
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---