Continuation to the previous post……
SRI ADHIKESAVAPERUMAL TEMPLE – ASHTABUYAKARAM, VISHNU KANCHI, KANCHIPURAM
07th August 2016.
The temple is in Chinna Kanchipuram and about 2 KM from Sri Varadharaja Perumal temple.
Moolavar : Sri Adhikesava Perumal, Gajendravaradhan, Chakrathaarar,.
Thayar : Sri Alarmelmangai Thayar
Some of the important features of this temple are …
- The sthalapurana is very much associated with Saraswathy who had sent ferocious sarbam ( snake ) to destroy the yagam performed by Brahma. Sriman Narayanan took the form of 8 hands with weapons Flower, Chakram ( discus), Sword, Arrow, Sangu ( Conch ), Bow, Kedayam ( shield ) and Gadha and killed Sarabam.
- Lord Adhikesava gave prathyaksham ( Seva ) to an elephant, Gajendran, who worships lord by the flowers. Lord Killed the crocodile which hold the leg of the elephant through his chakra.
- Moolavar is in standing posture with all the eight weapons in all eight hands which is unique in nature. Urchavar is sitting on Garudan with same 8 hands.
- The temple was built by Thondaiman Chakravarthy who is popularly known as Vairamoghan.
- Thirumangai alwar and Pei alwar has sung mangalasanam on Sri Adhikesava Perumal.
- Thayar Alarmelmangai is in a separate sannadhi. Andal sannadhi, Anjaneyar sannadhi are in outer prakaram with a thulapara mandapam.
- Vimanam is called as Ganganakkruthi, or Sanganakkruthi vimanam.
- Rajagopuram , Palipedam and Dwajasthambam are after the Rajagopuram.
TEMPLE TIMINGS :
- The temple is kept open for dharshan from 06.30 Hrs to 12.00 Hrs and 16.00 Hrs to 20.00 Hrs
CONTACT DETAILS :
- Baktha saba may be contacted for more details on the mobile numbers 9894645651 and 9894645652.
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple is in Chinna Kanchipuram and is opposite to Yathokthakari Temple- Thiruvekka.
- There are lot of buses available from Main bus stand.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE:CLICK HERE
……. To be continued
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---