18th September 2016
One of my temples Uzhavaram friend gave me a ring on 17th Sep 2016, for uazhavaram at Sri Natarajar temple and Sri Venugopalaswamy Temple, at Linghi Chetty Stree, Chennai. The same was scheduled on 18th Sep 2016. Since there was no scheduled program on that day readily accepted to participate. Both temples are on the same street and had a connection with British East India Company history. These two temples are about 10 meters distance from Sri Mallikeswarar temple, which is preparing for the kumbhabhishekam.
Moolavar : Sri Venugopalaswamy
Thayar : Sri Mahalakshmi.
Some of the important details are….
1. The temple is facing east with a mandapam in front. Garudalwar sannadhi is in front of moolavar. On the back palipedam and a dwajasthambam. The mandapam was built during 1977 by a Christian by name Susai Udaiyar and Mr Ananthachari at a cost of Rs 35000. A case of win in favour of Susai, through Aanathachariyar, so he made this contribution.
2. Sannadhi for alwars, Varadharajaperumal, Ramar with Seetha and Lakshmanar, Bajanai perumal, Anjaneyar and stucco sirpams of Perumal’s 10 avatharas. The sannadhi of alwars continued at the sides and back side of the sanctum also.
3. Sannadhi for Mahalakshmi and Andal are at the back side of the sanctum.
There is a Shiva linga and Nandhi with female relief panel is installed in front of Mahalakshmi sannadhi. In the Mahalakshmi sannadhi, Lakshmi Narayan moortham is also installed facing north.
4. In the sanctum Sri Venugopalaswamy with Thayars and Urchavars. In the arthamandapam urchava moorthams of Alwars, lakshmi narasimhar, Venugopalaswamy and Thayars.
5. There are three inscriptions which says the property donated by the devotees to take care of the expenses of the daily poojas.
6. The temple is maintained by the elected trustees of Arya Vysya Telegu Beri Vysya Saba a registered body.
The temple is kept open between 08.00 hrs to 11.00 hrs and 18.00 hrs to 20.00 hrs.
HOW TO REACH :
The temple is about a KM from Beach Railway station.
About 100 meters from Sri Mallikeswarar Temple on the same Linghi Chetty street.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE
How this panel came to this Vishnu temple?
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---