Sunday, 28 February 2016

SRI MARAGATHAVALLI SAMEDHA SRI PAABHAHAREESWARAR TEMPLE AT VADATHILLAI ( MAMBAKKAM ), NEAR UTHUKOTTAI .

28th February 2016.
இன்று ஒரு சுகமான பயணம். வயல் வெளிகளின் ஊடே..வேளாச்சேரி மற்றும் கூவத்தின் நாற்றத்தின் பிடியில் இருந்து சற்று விலகி..கிராமீய சூழலில். ஊத்துக்கோட்டைக்கு அருகே ஆரணி ஆற்றங்கரையில் வடதில்லை என்ற கிராமத்தில் எழுந்தருளியுள்ள ஸ்ரீ மரகதவல்லி சமேத ஸ்ரீ பாபஹரேஸ்வரர் தரிசனம். 

திரும்பி வரும் போது.. சாலை ஓரத்தில் நிழற்குடையின் கீழே காய்கறி விற்றுக்கொன்டு இருந்தார் ஒரு பெண்மணி. இன்று காய்கறி வாங்க வேண்டிய நாள். இங்கு வந்து விட்டதால் இங்கேயே வாங்கிவிடலாம் என்றுமுடிவு செய்தேன். மேலும் அது இங்கேயே விளைந்ததாக இருக்கும் என நினைத்து . காய்கறிக்கார அம்மாவிடம் கேட்டபோது, அவர் கோயம்பேடு காய்கறி இல்லை எனவும், ஊத்துக்கோட்டையிலேயே விளைந்தது என்று உறுதி செய்தபின் கால், அரை என வாங்கி வந்தேன். வீட்டிற்க்கு வந்த பின்பு சொத்தை, முற்றல் காய்கறிகளை உங்கள் தலையில் கட்டிவிட்டார்கள் என்று என் துணைவியார் திட்டிய கதையை மீண்டும் ஒரு சமயத்தில் எழுதுகின்றேன்.   

Today traveled to a different atmosphere, un polluted… away from the polluted and stinking  smell of Velachery lake and Adyar River. The path goes through the natural of paddy and sugar cane fields. Enjoyed the  journey through a village mud road to Sri Maragathavalli samedha Sri Paabhahareeswarar temple at Vadathillai, near Uthukottai.
  
Till last minute of starting I am not sure of reaching this place. I was in a dilemma to go to this temple or getting dropped at Koyambedu or Puzhal, to visit the Shiva temples there. Finally I made it after changing the idea. Hired an auto from Uthukottai, since there is no easy approach to this temple or to the Village Vadathillai.

Iraivan : Sri Paabhahareeswarar
Iraivi    : Sri Maragathavalli
Some of the important details of this temple are…
  1. The temple is on the banks of river Arani, with out Rajagopuram and Dwajasthambam. Palipedam and Nandhi are at front.
  2. The sanctum sanctorium is with sanctum and a mahamandapam.
  3. In the outer parakaram sannadhi for Vinayagar, Murugan , Subramaniyar, Sandikeswarar and Ambal.
  4. Ammbal is in a separate temple, in  standing posture facing south.
  5. In koshtam Narthana Vinayagar, Dhakshinamurthy, Lingothbavar and Durgai.
  6. Navagrahas, Pickshadanar, Natarajar ( no Natarajar ) sannadhi are in Maha mandapam).
  7. Moolavar is little big and Palm size Panalingam is also kept in front on the avudayar.
  8. It is believed that the temple is equivalent to Chidambaram and worshiping Lord Shiva will remove our sins.
  9. It was told that all the kalasams were stolen by miscreants.  
  10. The story of the Banalingam goes like this. Govindan brother ( related ) of Sri Ramanujar, worshiped Lord shiva at Kasi and gt a Banalingam during his bath in river  Ganga. He worshiped Banalingam at kalahasti. Again Govindan turned to Vaisnavam and he was called as Embar and became the disciple of Sri Ramanujar.  As per Ramanujar’s instruction the Chandragiri King Kattidevan Yaathavarayan constructed this Shiva temple and the Banalingam was also kept here.
THE TEMPLE TIMINGS:
  1. Since there is no fixed time and one kala pooja is conducted. Gurukal is residing in front of the temple.
CONTACT DETAILS :
  1. Gurukkal Shanmugam and mobile number is 9445296096
HOW TO REACH :
  1. Vadathillai  is on the way to Mambakkam from Uthukottai. From the Vadathillai Bus stop,  the Village and the temple is about 2 KM.
  2. Share Autos are available up to Vadathillai bus stop from there we have to walk to reach the Village.
  3. Route No 92 and 92B, Mambakkam and Periapalayam Passes through the Vadathillai Bus stop.
LOCATION : CLICK HERE








 Nandhi mandapam 
 Ambal Temple 
 entrance arch on the mandapam 

sanctum View from mandapam 


 Urchavar with Palipedam and Nandhi in side mandapam 
Banalingam ( Donated by Embar/ Govindan cousin to Sri Ramanujar)  is kept on the moolavar avudayar
--- Om SHIVAYA NAMA:---

Friday, 26 February 2016

JYOTIRLINGA DARSHAN YATRA – 2016, CHARMINAR HYDERABAD. PART – XV.

27th February 2016.
On 12th February, ie the last day of our JyotirLinga Darshan Yatra we had enough time in the morning session to catch the Train to Chennai.  Visited the Charminar. This is the second visit to this place and during our first Visit we were not allowed to climb to top. It was a wonderful sight to look the old Hyderabad City from Charminar.  

The fifth ruler of the Qutub Shahi dynasty Sultan Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah built the Charminar in 1591. After shifting his capital from Golkonda to Hyderabad, he built a big structure of Charminar of 20 meters square.  In Hindi Char means four and minar means Tower. There are  149 spiral steps in a tower to go to top height of 56 meters.  Charminar is the land mark of the City Hyderabad. This is a Persian style architecture structure. The structure is made of granite, limestone, mortar and pulverized marble.  The structure is also known for its profusion of stucco decorations and the arrangement of its balustrades and balconies. The clock on the four sides are added during 1889. There is a mosque on one side of Charminar is the Makkah Masjid. This was constructed during the 5th ruler Qutub Sahi's reign and the bricks are made from the soil brought from Mecca.
About 14000 shops are established to deal with pearls and jewellery. During our visit the renovation was in progress by Archaeological Survey of India), ASI. Sri Bakyalakshmi, a hindu temple is in one corner of the Charminar is a 20th century addition  is in the centre of controversy.   
The entrance arch on one side. 

A Hindu temple on the one corner - see the awesome  stucco  decorations on the outer fascia 
stucco decorations 

The is a mosque on one side of Charminar is the Makkah Masjid. This was constructed during the 5th ruler Qutb Sahi reign and the bricks are made from the soil brought from Mecca. 
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA:---
.... This post is the end of my Jyotirlinga dharshan Yatra.

JYOTIRLINGA DARSHAN YATRA– 2016, HYDERABAD BIRLA MANDIR, GOLKONDA FORT & SALAR JUNG MUSEUM PART – XV.

26th February, 2016.

DAY -10, 11-02-2016.
After a peaceful dharshan of Sri Mallikarjuanar, Srisailam, returned to Hyderabad around 21.30 hrs through Srisailam Dam,  and accommodated in  hotel Maharaja (  mobile number 8977717467, 040 2460888, 8977035551) near Kachakuda Railway station. Our yathra of Jaothirlinga dharshan came to an end with this local sight seeing  at Hyderabad. Under the local sight seeing we had the dharshan of Sri Balaji at Birla mandir, Golconda fort, Salar jung Museum and on the way we had seen the NTR’s Samadhi and the Budha Statue in the middle of the lake. 

GOLKONDA FORT
Golkonda derives the name from the Telugu word ‘Golla – Konda’, which means a Shepherd’s hill. Initially the fort was under the control of Kakatiyas but  passed in to the hands of Mahamani’s in 1363 AD. After their downfall it was made capital in 1518AD, by the Sultan Quli the founder of the Qutub Shahi Kingdom. He was succeeded by Jamshid ( 1543 -1550) Ibrahim Qutub Shah ( 1550- 1580), Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah (1580 – 1612), Sultan Muhammad Qutub Shah ( 1612 – 1626), Abdulah Qutub Shah ( 1626 – 1672 ), Abul Hasan Tana Shah ( 1672 – 1687).
Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah was a great Patron of Telugu literature and a Pioneer of Deccani Literature. He built Charminar and founded the city of Hyderabad. Abul Hasan Tana Shah the last sultan patronised a form of Dance – Drama, whichsubsequently became popular as Kuchipudi. In 1687 Aurangazeeb annexed the kingdom to his mughal empire and appointed Asif Jab who proclaimed independence as Nizam- Ul-Mulk in AD 1713. His successors are known as Nizams and ruled Hyderabad till 1948.

The massive fort with three tired fortification protected by a Moat and Eight entrance gates  played a remarkable role in the medieval Deccan. The Golkonda fort with its impregnable citadel is characterised by armouries, magazines, granaries, reservoirs, mosques and well planned Township and above all ab immaculate water supply system. Some of the important structures  of Golkonda  include Balahissar, Clapping portico, Matuary bath, Silaikhana, Nagina Bagh, Taramati mosque, Guard lines, Akkanna-Madanna offices, Ramdas Jail, Durbar Hall, Ambar Khana, Ibrahim mosque and Baradari on the summit. 

LOCATION OF THE FORT:CLICK HERE


 Entrance gate 

 Taramati Mosque 

Light and sound show will be conducted here 

 Hyderabad City view from Top 
 Top Darbar hall 
 A Hall A Hindu temple on the top of the hill 
 A Hall 
ASI maintained garden beautiful view. 
ASI maintained garden beautiful view. 
 Small canons and ball kept in arms storage room 
 Is it used for grinding? Lying in the first level
 Excavated articles under display 
 Excavated articles under display 
Excavated articles under display 
---OM SHIVAYA NAMA:---
.............To be continued.

Thursday, 25 February 2016

JYOTIRLINGA DARSHAN YATRA – 2016, HYDERABAD BIRLA MANDIR, GOLKONDA FORT & SALAR JUNG MUSEUM PART – XIV.

26th February, 2016.
DAY -10, 11-02-2016.
After a peaceful dharshan of Sri Mallikarjuanar, Srisailam, returned to Hyderabad around 21.30 hrs through Srisailam Dam,  and accommodated in  hotel Maharaja (  mobile number 8977717467, 040 2460888, 8977035551) near Kachakuda Railway station. Our yathra of Jaothirlinga dharshan came to an end with this local sight seeing  at Hyderabad. Under the local sight seeing we had the dharshan of Sri Balaji at Birla mandir, Golconda fort, Salar jung Museum and on the way we had seen the NTR’s Samadhi and the Budha Statue in the middle of the Hussain Sagar  lake.
BIRLA MANDIR
  • This temple is dedicated to Lord Balaji and Constructed by Birla group.
  • The temple is on the banjara hills facing east. The complete temple is constructed with white marble.
  • At the base of the temple sanndhi for Lord Shiva, Vinayagar and Anjaneyar.
  • A lift is installed for those who cannot walk.
  • In the middle level sanndhi for Sri Saibaba and alwars. There is Saraswathy statue too.
  • On the top level is the mandir/ temple with a 5 tier Rajagopuram.
  • When we climb up on both side relief of Ramayan episodes and geetha upadesam.
  • On the side reliefs of Shiva’s marriage, devars and asuras churning the milk ocean to get the amirtha.
  • After the Rajagopuram Palipedam, Dwajasthambam and Garudalwar sannadhi.
  • Moolavar is like thirupathi Balaji and urcahavrs are Sridevi, Boodevi samedha Sri Balaji.
  • In the front mandapam reliefs of Saraswathy, Lakshmi, Parvathy, Kirushnar, Vishnu, Shiva, Guru and brahma.
  • On the left of the sanctum sannadhi for Padmavathy thayar on the left and Andal on the right. Both sannadhis are facing east.
  • On the sanctum wall out side the reliefs of Vishnus 10 avatharas, Buddha, Mahaveer etc.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE






---OM SHIVAYA NAMA:--- 
..........To be continued.