Tuesday 1 August 2017

Sri Veeramathi Amman Temple / ஸ்ரீ வீரமாத்தி அம்மன் கோயில், Talguni, near Gobichettipalayam, Erode District, Tamil Nadu. - Annual festival - 2017

26th July 2017.
Our kula Deivam Sri Veeramathi Amman’s annual festival was celebrated of 26th July 2017. Able to reach the temple little earlier to the Abhishekam this year. I was fortunate to see the abhishekam of Sri Veeramathi Amman.  ( During my last year’s visit,  had seen the theertha kudam procession and Ammai azhaippu on the previous day ).  Regular Pongal and Vilakku maa procession was  conducted  with nadhaswaram and fire crackers  after performing pooja at nearby Perumal Temple.

After Amman’s alangaram special pooja was conducted to Amman, Saptha Kannimar and Karuppanasamy.  Nearly about 15 goats were sacrificed to  Karuppanasamy.  In the mean time my brother asked me to see the Thalapanai ( Thala palm tree ) flowering near my native place. Utilizing this opportunity went  to  Nichampalayam to see the menhirs. ( which will be written in a separate post). Since I am a Pure vegetarian, skipped the annadhanam and went to my native to see my mom.

LOCATION:CLICK HERE













---OM SHIVAYA NAMA---

No comments:

Post a Comment