1st, September 2015.
This trip to Thiruninravur was planned, about 2 weeks before to join with Uzhavaram by Chennai Sevas on 30th August 2015. Started my journey to Thiruninravur early morning around 05.45 Hrs from Guindy Chennai. When the people are busy with Sunday sleeping, youngsters playing cricket in the open layouts, Photo walkers and week end clickers are busy in clicking the beautiful early morning moments, I also joined with Chennai Sevas for Uzhavaram at Thiruninravur Sri Ennai Petra Thayar samedha sri Bhaktavatsala Perumal temple. Though started earlier, I could reach Thiruninravur only around 08.30 Hrs. The Sevas timings was between 08.30 Hrs to 13.30 Hrs. Since Hridayaleeswarar Shiva temple and Erikatha Ramar temple will be closed after 12.00 Hrs had the dharshan before joining with Sevas.
I was late by 1 hour ( remembering of attending the classes during school days). I do not feel tired and hungry till they called us for the Tea ( Since I started early morning I had not taken the breakfast). The weather was too hot and could not do service on the terrace and granite outer prakaram floor. I was Completely exhausted by 12.30 hrs and had taken rest till Sevas called for the Kootu Prarthanai and important announcements. Had the lunch of sambar and curd rice served by Sevas. After saying goodbye started my return journey to Home and reached around 17.00 Hrs. It was an wonderful experience with Chennai Sevas. I extend may thanks to Chennai Sevas for given me opportunity to join with them for the Uzhavaram.
SRI ENNAI PETRA THAYAR SAMEDHA SRI BHAKTAVATSALA PERUMAL TEMPLE AT THIRUNINRAVUR
This temple is about 3 KM distance from Thiruninravur Railway station. This Perumal temple and Eri katha Ramar Temples are very near to each other. This is 58th Divya desam out of 108 and has Thirumangai Alwar’s mangalasasanam.
Moolavar : Sri Bhaktavatsala Perumal
Thayar : Sri Ennai Petra Thayar.
Some of the important features of this temple are….
- 4 Pillar mandapam is in front and there is also a 4 pillar mandapam in outer prakaram. The temple is facing east with a 5 tier Rajagopuram. Dwajasthambam, palipedam are at the entrance of the temple.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Thayar, Manavala Mamunikal, Koorathalwar, Thirumangai alwar sannadhi, Sakkarathalwar, Adhi sheshan, Sri Andal, Senai mudalvar and Urchavar mandapam.
- The main sanctum has artha mandapam and maha mandapam ( here also there is a 4 pillar mandapam). In the artha mandapam there is a sannadhi for Yoga Narasimhar.
- In sanctum Sri Bhaktavatsala Perumal with Sridevi and Boodevi. There is a Adndal Nachiyar’s urchavam in front of moolavar.
- It was told that Thayar Mahalakshmi had done penance at this place and Samudra Rajan and Kuberan called Ennai Petra Thayar to join with Perumal. Hence this place is called as Thiruninravur and Thayar is called as Ennai Petra Thayar.
- It was believed that the temple is 1000 to 2000 years old and I could not find any epigraph in the temple.
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple is about 3 KM distance from Thiruninravur Railway station which is on the way from Chennai Central to Thiruvallur- Arakkonam.
- Town buses are available from Railway station south side, 54A to Poonamallee and M54 to T Nagar (Rs 3.00 is charged for 3 KM distance )
- Share autos are available from Thiruninravur railway station ( Rs 7 was charged).
THE TEMPLE TIMINGS :
- The temple is kept open for dharshan between 07.00 Hrs to 12.00 Hrs ( it will be extended another 30 minutes of Friday, Saturdays and Sundays) and 16.30 Hrs to 21.00 Hrs.
- The Temple phone numbers are 044 26390434 and 9840192735.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE
4 Pillar mandapam
The 5 tier Rajagopuram
Front view through Rajagopuram
Dwajasthambam and Pali pedam
4 Pillar mandapam in the outer prakaram
Thayar sannadhi with shed in front
Moolavar Vimanam- closer view
Manavala mamunikal sannadhi
Pillars in Rajagopuram
Ladies kolattam relief
Ladies Kummi a relief
Relief on the floor of Rajagopuram
Relief on the ceiling of Rajagopuram
To be continued.....
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---