15th May, 2016.
Three days holiday, it includes second Saturday and May 16, 2016, a Voting day. Hot summer outside, what to do, hiding in the indoor. Thought of Visiting Sri Muni of Burma colony, at Ekkattuthangal. Planned to Visit the Shiva Temple also near the St Thomas mount Bus stop. I had been the muni temple twice earlier, while I was in Jaffarkhan pet. During my earlier visit I had not seen the Shiva with face.
The temple is dedicated to Sri Angala eswari.
Some of the important details are..
- The main sanctum Sri Vinayagar, Sri Angala Eswari and Kali ( sudhai sirpam of Kali is on the back of the wall) are side by side, in a row.
- In koshtam, Vinayagar, Dhakshinamurthy, Mahavishnu, Brahma and Durgai ( similar to a Shiva Temple ).
- In the outer prakaram, sannadhi for Madurai Veeran, Sri Valli Devasena Subramaniyar ( Arupadai veedu moorthangal are in koshtam) and Naagars.
- Sudhai sirpams of Annapoorani and Saraswathi are at the entrance of Sri Angala Eswari sannadhi.
- There is a small muni sanndhi in front of Big Muni.
- The main Muni is about 40 feet with a knife ( aruvaa) in the right hand, which will be around 10 feet high. Sudhai sipangal are around the four corners of the base. Base itself will be around 10 feet high. Minute sudhai reliefs on the muni’s ornament and cap. Pillayar on the cap, Angala eswari, Saraswathi, Annapporani are in the ornament. On the hip and hand some sudhai sirpams too. On the base reliefs of Budha, ladies forms elephant, Horse and elephant & cow are worth to watch.
THE TEMPLE TIMINGS:
CONTACT DETAILS :
HOW TO REACH :
- The temple can be reached from via. Nandhampakkam- Military Hospital- Burma colony or we can reach from Ekkatuthangal – Kalaimakal nagar- Burma Colony.
There is also a moortham of Lord Shiva open to sky near the Muni temple facing east. And nandhi is in-front. It is not a regular Lingam but a face with mustache and beard.
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA:---