04, May 2011.
After Velliangiri Yathra, thought of visiting some Siva Temples. Fortunately I had two days leave while I was in my native place ( Near Erode ). There are seven Siva Temples in Kongu Nadu, which are Devaram paadal Petra sthalangal. Already I covered Avinashi, Thirumurugan Poondi, Thiruchengodu and Thirunana ( Bhavani ). Thought of completing all the seven temples. On 25th and 26th pril 2011, covered the balance Shiva Temples Kodumudi, Karur & Venjamangudalur. Really it was a great experience. All the temples are very big and are maintained neat and clean.
261/3. THIRU NANA - BHAVANI The place is now called as Bhavani
This is the 261st Devara Paadal Petra Shiva sthalam and 3rd sthalam in Kongu Nadu. Thiruganasambandar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Sangamuga natheswarar, Sri Sangameswarar
Iraivi : Sri Vedhambigai
Some of the important features of this temple are ....
- Since the temple is located at the junction rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, Iraivan is called as Sri Sangameswarar.
- Nandhi is in a mandapam in front of 5 tier Rajagopuram.
- At the entrance sannadhi for Kottai vinayagar, Rajaganapathy and Muthukumarasamy sannadhi.
- Sri Soundaranayaki udanurai Sri Adhikesava Perumal and Yoga narasimhar sannadhis are at the entrance of Rajagopuram with a mandapam.
- In the inner parakaram sannadhi for 63var, Panchabootha Lingams, Sani Bhagavan, Kasi Viswanathar, Arumugasamy, Jurageswarar, Sahasra Lingam..
- Parikaram are conducted for Nagadhosham.
- People in large numbers take bath in the junction of rivers during Adi Perukku day.
- There is a story of Ambal's oonjal made of elephant's ivory tusk. The same was donated by the british ruler by name W Garo, after he was saved by Ambal from collapse of the rest house/ bungalow. After that he used to worship Ambal through a hole made on the compound wall.
- Frequent buses are available from ERODE, Mettur
- Town buses also available from Erdoe, Perundurai
- The Land line and mobile numbers are 04256 230192 and 98432 48588
North side Rajagopuram with Nandhi mandapam
North side Rajagopuram
Moolavar Vimanam view from Sthalaviruksham Ilanthai maram
Temple complex view
Moolavar Vimanam view from Sthalaviruksham another view
Shasrara lingam Sannadhi
Rajagopuram on the south side - River side
Sun set - Bhavani river
North side Rajagopuram after sunset
This is the 263rd Devara Paadal Petra Shiva sthalam and 5rd sthalm in Kongu Nadu. Sundarar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Kalyanavikirtheswarar, Sri Vikirthanatheswarar
Iraivi : Sri Mathurabhashini, Sri Pannormozhiammai, Sri Vikirthanayaki.
Some of the important features of this temple are...
- The temple is located at the junction of a branch river of Amaravathy joins with Amaravathy river and kudakanaru.. Also the place was ruled by a king named Venjaman, hence this place is called as Venjamakudalur.
- The temple was washed away by the flood in the Kudakanaru. The same was rebuilt during 1982. Still the temple is a level below the 5 tier Rajagopuram and the temple is facing west. Vinayagar and Sri subramaniyar sannadhis are on both side of Rajagopuram.
- There is a Garuda thoon or Vilakku thoon in front of Rajagopuram.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Suryan, Chandran, Pancha lingams, Valli Devasena Sri Subramaniyar ( One leg on the peacock vakanam is to be noticed ),
- In the inner prakaram sannadhi for Navagrahas, Bairavar, Nambiyandar nambikal, Sekizhar and 63var & Natarajar Saba.
- At the entrance of moolavar sannadhi pudai sirpams of all the seven Kongu Nattu paadal petra Shiva Sthalangal moorthams are to be watched.
- In koshtam Vinayagar, Dhashinamoorthy, Lingothbavar, Brahma and Durgai.
- Ambal is facing east.
- Urchava moorthams Samaskandhar, Pallakku Chokkar, Subramaniyar are to be worshiped.
HOW TO REACH :
- Town bus to Aartru medu to Karur passes through this village.
- The regular buses from Karur to Dindukal passes through this village.
- Prabhu Gurukkal +91 9600291218 or +91 4324 262010 or +91 9943527792.
- This temple is under the control of Karur temple details may be obtained from them also.
THE LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
Vinayagar and Subramaniyar sannadhis are on both side of the 5 tier Rajagopuram
Ambal sannadhi vimanam
Temple complex view from compound wall
Temple complex view from compound wall
Vilakku thoon ( விளக்கு தூண் ) in front of temple - Deepam will be lit on Karthikai deepam day
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---