4, March 2014.
( I used to up date my posts in a day or two after visiting the temples. This time it was delayed due to a road accident, in which my right leg small bone got fractured near the ankle and joint also dislocated. A surgery was performed and recovering now. I do not know when the next Temples visits will happen. Hope Lord Shiva will bless me for doing further. Sorry for the delay
This week end on 15-02-2014, planned to visit 2 more temples around Kanchipuram. Kuranganilmuttam on Cheyyar route and Thirumarperu on Arakkonam route. This time there was not much crowd. I was able to get a seat from Poonamalle to Kanchipuram. After reaching Kanchipuram took a Vandhavasi private bus to Dusi, which is about 8 KM from Bus stand. There was no cycle shop kept open to get a bicycle on rent. Hence started walking to KuranganilMuttam which is about 2 KM from Dusi main road. The climate was not hot and it was cloudy. Slight drizzling was also there.
06 – KURANGANILMUTTAM
This is the 6th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai Nadu. Thiruganasambandar has sung hymns in praise of lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Vaaleeswarar, Sri Koyyamalai Nathar
Iraivi : Sri Irayar Valliammai
Some of the important details of this temple are …..
- It was believed that Vaali in the form of monkey (குரங்கு), Inthiran in the form of Squirrel ( அணில் ) and Eman in the form of crow (முட்டம் or காகம்) worshiped Lord Shiva of this temple. Sculpture is available at the entrance of the shrine.
- The temple is facing west and the sanctum sanctorum is small and moolavar is also small. The temple is constructed on the rocky surface.
- The Ambal sannadhi is at front facing south, originally Ambal sannadhi was out side and latter shifted to the present place.
- In the inner prakaram sannadhi for Vinayagar, Murugan, Viswanathar, Visalakshi, Durgai, Brahman, Navagrahas, Thirumal, Bairavar, Naalvar, Sabthamathakkal and Sandeswarar.
- Rock cut Kudaivaraikkoil in the village to be seen. The Monument is under the control of ASI and key is available in the opposite house.
- The temple has Sri KrishnaDevarayar period old tamil inscriptions. which gives the message of Sri Krishna Devarayar had donated the Pallavapuram village for the pooja expenses.
HOW TO REACH :
- The place Dhusi is on the bus route from Kanchipuram to Vandhavasi / Cheyyar, from there 2 KM on the south side.
- The Sivachariyar’s house is very near to the temple. Sridhar Gurukkal 9445642409 may be contacted for details and Pooja.
- After Dharshan, visited the Pallava Period Rock cut Temple or kal mandapam. The details are written in a separate post after covering the temples.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE :CLICK HERE
Temple complex in a distance view
Indiran and Eman in the form of Crow (முட்டம் - காகம் ) worshiping Lord Shiva
Vaali is worshiping in the form of monkey (குரங்கு )
Relief at the right side entrance, Brahma worshiping Lord Shiva, Lord Shiva & Parvathi on the Nandhi
Sri Vishnu in the koshtam
Naagars in the outer prakaram
Krishna Devarayar Period Tamil Inscriptions
A stone with Tamil inscriptions standing in front of the temple on the road side
......................Thirumarperu and Thirukkachi Ekamban continued in the next post
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---