A Continuation to the previous Post.............
4, March 2014.
After Dharshan, visited the Pallava Period Rock cut Temple or kal mandapam. The details are written in a separate post after covering the temples.
11 - THIRUMARPERU ( Now this place is called as THIRUMALPUR )
This is the 11th Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam in Thondai Nadu. Thiruganasambandar and Thirunavukkarasar has sung hymns in praise of Lord Shiva of this temple.
Iraivan : Sri Manikandeswarar, Sri Dhayanatheeswarar, Sri Pravaleswarar, Sri Saatharupar, Sri Pavalamalaiyar, Sri Vaattamthavirthar, Sri Malvanankesar. But called by the first name Sri Manikandeswarar.
Iraivi : Sri Anjanaatchi Amman, Sri Karunambigai.
Some of the important features of this temple are …….
- Thirumal and Chandran worshiped Lord Shiva of this temple. Thirumal worshiped lord Shiva with 1000 lotus flowers. When one more number was required to complete 1000, to get back his Chakrayutham. So Thirumal pluged out one of his eye to complete 1000 lotus flowers. To prove this story there is a Thirumal’s urchava moortham is available with a Lotus in one hand.
- The temple is facing east with a Rajagopuram is of 5 tiers without sudhai sirpangal.
- Palipeedem, Dwajasthambam and Nandhi are in an elevated level under a kottagai.
- Pancha moorthy’s sudhai sirpangal are on the top of entrance.
- In the inner prakaram sannadhi for Suryan, Naalavar, Soleeswarar, Pancha maathakkal, Balaganapathy, Uchista Ganapathy, Chidambareswarar, Gajalakshmi, Valli Devasena Samedha Subramaniyar, Veerabathrar, Bairavar and Chandran.
- At the entrance of main shrine Ganapathy with 10 hands to be seen on the left and Murugan on the right. Thirumal is standing at the centre worshiping Lord Shiva behind Nandhi.
- In the mandapam reliefs of Dhakshinamoorthy, Suryan, Mahavishnu, Balasubramaniyar, Appar, Sundarar, Thiruganasambandar, Vinayagar, Murugan, Naanmugan ( all the four faces are visible ), Ambal worshiping Lord Shiva, Kaalinga narthanam, Kamadhenu, Bairavar, Veerabathrar doing dhabas standing on one leg.
- In the saba mandapam, Natarajar with Ambal and Manikkavasakar.
- Moolavar is suyambu theenda thirumeni , cone shape at the top and always covered with Kavasam. Punuku is only applied.
- In koshtam Dhakshinamoorthy, Mahavishnu, Brahma, and Astabuja Durgai.
- Urchava moorthangal are in artha mandapam.
HOW TO REACH :
- Buses are available from Kanchipuram. A Private bus KRC from Kanchipuram to Panapakkam passes through this place.
- Another private bus Bharathi from Arcot to Kanchipuram passes through this place.
- Chennai / Chengalpattu to Thirumalpur train facility is available and the place is 5 Km from the station. The Rly station Place is called as Pallur. Share autos are available to Thirumalpur.
- The temple is kept open between 07.00 Hrs to to 12.00 Hrs. and 17.30 Hrs to 20.30 Hrs.
- Sivachariyar Shanmugam Gurukkal, Mobile number 9444386442 may be contacted for more details and Pooja.
LOCATION OF THE TEMPLE : CLICK HERE
Temple front view
Chariot - during masi maham festival
The 5 tier Rajagopuram view from inside
Front view of Ambal sannadhi
Front mandapam - Sivanadiyars mutrum othuthal
Ambal Sannadhi gopuram
Perumal moortham worshiping Lord Shiva
Perumal Impon moortham - a lotus in his hand
Sri Ashtabuja Durgai
Adhikara nandhi under the nitch of Rajagopuram
After dharshan of Lord Shiva Sri Manikandeswarar, came to Bus stop and waited. It took 1 hour to get a bus, since I missed one bus, which left just 5 minutes before my arrival to the bus stop. Around 13.30 Hrs reached Kanchipuram.
Kanchipuram Temples visit continued.....
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---