26th April 2016.
After dharshan of Sri Dhandeeswarar on Sunday 24th April 2016, thought of Visiting Ponmar, which is on the way to Medavakkam to Mambakkam bus route. When ever I used to cross the Ponmar Sri Sakthipureeswarar temple, I could see the doors of the temple are in closed condition. To day The Gurukal was opening the door while crossing the temple. Finally Lord Shiva gave me darshan on this Sunday. Even-though I had seen outside many times, this is the first time I could see the inside sanctum.
Iraivan : Sri Sakthipureeswarar
Iraivi : Sri Sakthipureeswari.
Some of the important details are ....
- The temple is facing east without Rajagopuram or dwajasthambam.
- In the mandapam Vinayagar, Sri Subramaniyar and Kala Bairavar and nandhi.
- In the artha mandapam Urchavars and Natarajar.
- Ambal is in a separate sannadhi in front mandapam facing south.
- In koshtam no moorthams and letter period moorthams are kept below the niches.
- Kasi Viswanathar sannadhi is back side of Ambal sannadhi.
- As per the details of the keerthimukam and pillars the temple must belongs to Pallava period.
- Inscriptions are there on the athistanam, which are legible to read.
- The temple will be kept open for dharshan during morning and evening and there is no fixed time. Gurukal may be contacted for darshan
- Gurukal Ramanujam may be contacted on his mobile 9176067723
- All the buses from T Nagar, ( 51J, J51 and 51T ) via Medavakkam passes through the Village Ponmar
- The temple is about a KM off main road on Malai Street
After Ponmar been to Ottiambakkam and had the darshan of Sri Otteeswarar ( my previous visit details click ) and returned home
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMAHA:---