04, March, 2014.
After Dharshan, ( on 15-02-2014, ) of Kuranganil Muttam Shiva, visited the Pallava Period Rock cut Temple or kal mandapam.
Some of the important features of this Rock cut temple/ kal mandapam are ......
- The temple was cut during Pallava king Mahendra Varman - I
- This site is very near to Kuranganil muttam Shiva temple about 300 meters inside the village and is being maintained by ASI - Archaeological Survey of India.
- This rock cut temple is a unfinished one with 3 sanctums for Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma.
- Dwarabalakar's reliefs also chiseled.
- Moorthams are not installed and provisions are made to install the same.
- The pillars are 4 sides on top and bottom and 8 sided at the middle with bothiyal on the top.
- Pallava Period Tamil inscriptions are on the right side rock cut pillar.
- There are also two nitches on the left and right side, may be for installing the parivara moorthangal.
LOCATION OF THE CAVE : CLICK HERE
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---