10th July 2015On 5th Sunday evening went to Mylapore to attend my friend’s son marriage reception. Utilizing this opportunity had the dharshan of Sri Visalakshi sametha Sri Viswanathar on Sri Appar Swamykal Jeeva Samadhi. On the way peeped in to Mylapore Hanuman temple also.
Iraivan : Sri Viswanathar
Iraivi : Sri Visalakshi
Some of the important features of this temple are....
- Dwajasthambam palipedam and nandhi are in the outer prakaram. Also Nagars Thiyanamandabam and JayaGanapahi.
- In the front mandapam, Navagrahas, Thayumanavar, Sekkizhar, Naalvar, Kalabairavar, At the front of mandapam on the left Sri Neethi Vinayagar and Vallai devasena Subramaniyar on the right.
- In the inner prakaram, Veerabathirar, a Shiva lingam, Sandikeswarar and urchavars ( Appar swamykal in sitting posture ).
- In koshtam, Vinayagar, Dhakshinamoorthy, Vishnu, Brahma and Durgai.
- Moolavar Sri Viswanathar is on the jeeva Samadhi of Sri Appar Swamykal. Appar swamykal is a siddhar lived during 19th century in British period. He attained Jeeva Samadhi in the year 1851 and his disciple Chidambaram swamikal built this temple in the year 1853. There is an interesting story of Sri Appar Swamikal. An English man obstruct the way for Appar Swamikal’s worship of Lord Shiva. The english man went back to London and was attacked by paralysis. Returned to India and begged Sri Apparswamikal’s mercy. Swamykal asked him, a place to attain Samadhi. The English man granted him land and got cured.
- On the Beach to Velachery Train route, the Station called Mundakanni Amman Koil and from there one KM.
- The temple is kept open between 07.00 Hrs to 12.00 Hrs and 16.30 Hrs to 21.00 Hrs
Front view with dwajasthambam, Palipedam and Nandhi
Night view - Front view with dwajasthambam, Palipedam and Nandhi
On the way to Apparswamy Temple – Thiruvalluvar Statue
On the way to Apparswamy Temple – Mylapore Hanuman temple
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---