17th July 2015.
It was a long wish to visit to Sriperumbudur for the Dharshan of Sri Ramanujar and the Perumal. It came to true on 11th July 2015, through Mr Sarathy, one of my friend who is working with Sri Venkateswara Engineering College. He promised me for the dharshan at the temple. When I reached Adhikesava Perumal temple around 07.45 Hrs, he took me to the shrines of Sri Ramanujar, Sri Adhikesavaperumal and Thayar sannadhi. I was fortunate enough to have the dharshan standing at the artha mandapam. This was an unforgettable experience.
SRI ADHIKESAVAPERUMAL TEMPLE – SRIPERUMBUDUR
Iraivan : Sri Adikesava Perumal
Iraivi : Sri Ethiraja Nathavalli
Aasaariyan : Sri Ramanujar ( Thanugandha Thirumeni )
Some of the important features of this temple are....
- Sri Ramanujar’s birth place ( Mandapam ) is in front of the temple along with Koorathalwar sannadhi.
- The temple is facing east with a mandapam and Rajagopuram of tiers. There is a Telegu tablet installed in the front mandapam, signifies the Telegu peoples contribution to this temple.
- In the outer prakaram Palipedam and Dwajasthambam. Garudalwar is in a sannadhi at front. The corridors are painted with story of Sri Ramanujar.
- After climbing few steps, on the right Ramanujar Sannadhi, is facing south. Urchavar Thanugandha Thirumeni is in front of Moolavar. ( It was told that Sri Ramanujar’s disciples had made 3 moorthams of which one is kept at Sriperumbudur as per Sri Ramanujar’s wish. Sri Ramanujar embraced the moortham’s and passed his power, hence the moortham’s are called as Thanugandha Thirumeni. Worshiping this moortham is equal to worshiping Sri Ramanujar. )
- Next is the Sri Adhikesavaperumal Sannadhi facing east. Moolavar Sri Adhikesaperumal is with Sridevi and Boodevi. In the sanctum moolavar and urchavras are there.
- In the outer prakaram sannadhi for Thayar Sri Ethiraja Nathavalli and Andal.
Sriperumbudur is on the way to Kanchipuram from Chennai. Frequent buses are available from various parts of the city.
FROM Route No
High Court 502
Poonamalle 553K, 517
Red Hills 562A
Thambaram 583, 583C, 583D
TEMPLE TIMINGS :
- The temple is kept open between 06.00 Hrs to 12.00 Hrs and 16.00 Hrs to 21.00 Hrs
- Temple Office : +91 44 - 27162236
- TO see the temple web site : CLICK HERE
The 5 Tier Rajagopuram.
Sri Ramanujar mandapam
Sri koorathalwar mandapam.
A Telugu Tablet
Dwajasthambam with palipedam
Sri Ramanujar Sannadhi Vimanam- Gold plated
Sri Adhikesava Peruma Sannadhi vimanam – Gold plated
A Distance view of Rajagopuram, Sri Thayar sannadhi Vimanam and Sri Adhikesava Perumal Sannadhi Vimanam
Ananthsaras Thirukulam – created by a snake called Sri Anandhan .
After Sri Adhikesavaperumal’s dharshan my friend Mr Sarathy took me to his home in agraharam ( MM Koil Street ). Had my breakfast at his house. The house was a recently constructed one after demolishing the old house. It was amazing to see the early 20th century entrance door was kept safely with its house number intact.
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA ---