11th December 2016.
The temple for Lord Anjaneya in the banks of river Adyar is one of the oldest temple built during Vijayanagara period, 400 years before. The temple is small with Sannadhis for Iyappan, Ganapathi, Anjaneyar, Kothanda Ramar, Nagars, Navagrahas, Lakshmi Hayagreevar and Lakshmi Narasimhar.
Anjaneyar is facing towards North. It was believed that Sri Anjaneyar is worshiping Lord Sri Prasanna Venkata Narasimha Perumal temple, Ramar. It was told that Sri Anjaneyar and Sri Ramar patham are discovered on the banks of Adyar River during excavation. The Kothanda Ramar sannadhi with Sita and Lakshmanan is facing east with Garuda, palipedam and dwajasthambam.
As per the records during British period in 1862, a land measuring 1.35 acres was given to this temple. It was told that.
The temple will be kept open between 07.00 Hrs to 11.00 Hrs and 16.30 Hrs to 20.00 Hrs and the time will be extended on Saturdays and important function days.
Mr Krishnan 9566105270 may be contacted for further details.
HOW TO REACH:
The temple is very near to Prasanna Venkata Narasimha Perumal Temple on Anjaneyar Koil Street, West Saidapet and about 500 meters from Saidapet west Bus terminus.
The temple can also be reached from Guindy Bus stand ( 2 KM) and Saidapet Bus stand ( 1 KM). Since this temple is not on the bus route, may be reached through Auto or Taxi.
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---