A continuation post ( Sri Subramaniya Swamy Temple, Sivan malai )
10th October 2016
After dharshan of Sri Subramaniya Swamy, we headed towards Kodumanal. On the way we stopped at a Shiva temple and the place is called as now called as Arasampalayam. Pattali was once a business center with a separate kingdom. As per the legend Lord Murugan took Valli in the form of hunter, he fought with hunters and the hunters were died. They came alive during the marriage of Valli with Murugan. ( Patta+ Aali = Patta – hunters died and Aali – big sound – came alive with big sound ).
This Shiva temple is under the control of Sivan Malai. At present there are no moorthams in sannadhis. The temple is facing east with sannadhis for Ambal, Vinayagar, Subramaniyar and Garuda thoon and Nandhi mandapam are at front.
There are 17 inscriptions under the base and walls of sanctum. These inscriptions belongs to Kulothunga Chozhan, Vikkarama chozhan ( 1279 CE), Veera Rajendra Chozhan ( 1227 CE), Abimana Chozhan and Rajaraja Chozhan periods. These inscriptions speaks about Donations given to the temple in terms of Paddy, Gold, Palliyarai Nachiyar statue, Lamp – Santhya Deepam, A mandapam during Kulothunga period and maintenance. The Collection and maintenance powers are vested with the Sivachariyars.
Under stand that the Sivan Malai temple authorities along with R.E.A.C.H foundation taking effort to renovate the temple.
LOCATION :CLICK HERE
…. To be continued ( Kodumanal )
--- OM SHIVAYA NAMA---